Saturday, April 08, 2006

What's your biggest fear?

Recentloo Spike the spawnkitty got oo of his house, and it was very scary for Leone and Jenn. So we've been thinking aboo what our biggoo foo is--being outside and alone like Spike, and all the humoos we try to get help from don't understoond we are animoo. And then we read this post by Gilliam, which talks aboo the same idea from a more philosophicoo perspectoo. It talks aboo the subjectoove natoo of realitoo, and how some humoos not recoognooze the independoo realitoo of Bears and look looks. Gilliam talks aboo the philosophoo of Hobbes, who sometimes writes Leviathan, sometimes is an inanimoo look look and sometimes is a man-sized flesh-n-blood tiger wearing a necktie.

We worry about getting lost, since so many humoos don't recoognooze our independoo realitoo. Our biggest fear is being with humoos, and we can't communicate, becoo they don't know we are animoo. That and falling over, becoo Bears don't have the most stable centers of gravity.

Our two biggest fears are falling over, and being with humoos and not being able to communicate. And the two are related--we don't want to fall over somewhere, and mayboo Jim doesn't notice, and walks off. And then suddenly, there we are, with humoos who don't recognize our independoo realitoo. And we quite clearly explain to them that we need to get home, and if they would just call Jim he would come and get us. But they wouldn't hear anything we say, becoo to them we would just be inanimoo objects.

Very scaroo.

What's you biggoo foo? Are you ever afroo humoos won't understoond you?

OK Bye
Blinky

7 people left us caaaandy:

Blogger jenn said...

Dear Bears, I also fear not being able to communicate - and falling over.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Bugs and Tsunamis

And falling over and failing to communicate.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I think that's MY worst fear, too--that the look looks will fall over and be unable to communicate. One time, I came back to the car to find that Moofred had FALLEN OUT! I still have nightmares.

11:30 AM  
Blogger The Bears said...

It seems falling over and not being able to communicate are universoo fears. Archetypoo fears.

*much nodding of Bears*

OK Bye
Blinky

12:07 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I have a fear of falling, not just falling over. Being up high is ok, as long as there's no danger of my falling. And I'm also very afraid of people not being able to hear me.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

I not minds fooin ovoo if I is on the couch or in the froo boo or covoo in boos o yarn. I says, "Ooh! I fell ovoo!"

Wouldn't like to do eet when I is far away from yuman allies, though.

6:38 PM  
Blogger J S said...

Some of my worst moments have included falling- usually accompanied by a noggin bump or nasty face plant. However, my mum always comes over to get me and makes it better, so I'm not afraid of falling so much - hence why I've taken to diving off and over things. But I guess if I fell and she didn't notice and I couldn't let her know that would be really bad... so falling with no mummy and needles. Needles are Bad (with a capital B).

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home