Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Could the messings about be coming to an end?

This is Chuck the Cat, posting again on the blog of my friends the Bears, to bring everyone updates on the recent messings about.

Yesterday morning, before I had even had breakfast and a nice snuggle, Jenn and Jim shuffled me into my kitty carry case and into the car. Well, I gave them a good piece of my mind, I tell you. Being on the lam is one thing, but who wants to be shoved into a cage at eight in the morning?

To my relief, it was a short car ride. Then we arrived at our new home. And you'll never guess what I found there.

All of our stuff! Jenn and Jim must have outsmarted the Candy-Bar-Eating Man. Either that, or maybe the Candy-Bar-Eating Man isn't all bad. Hmm...

Either way, the important thing is we have our stuff again. There was my sofa and my love seat and my kitty scratching post and my luxurious Queen-size bed and my dining room table and all my chairs. And also a lot of stuff Jenn and Jim keep around that I never understood the purpose of. You can't lie on it, eat it or chase it. What good is that?

I really like my new home. I can lie on the bed and wait until Jenn and Jim fall asleep, and then sneak up onto the pillow with them. I can lie on my kitty scratching post by the living room window and watch all the activity outside. I still get a little nervous when Jenn and Jim go out--it's a bit new, and a lot of very confusing things have happened recently. But I think I'm going to like it here.

Now, if I could only find out what happened to Spike and Leone.

Yours from his new home,
Chuck

6 people left us caaaandy:

Blogger Laurie said...

Yay, Chuck!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Chuck, we're really glad that everything is settling down for you. Whatever you do, don't let them lock you in the basement. That happened to Nova when the girl was messing about a few years ago, and now she won't go down there at all.

Headbutts and tuna,
Sabre, Callie, Nova and Zoe

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pet keeps taking off for 'school' so the moment I hear the keys in the door when she gets home I start letting her know how displeased I am. I'm glad your bed is there, mine was missing for a bit too. That was bad.

Spike the Cat.

12:41 AM  
Blogger The Bears said...

Spike! This is Chuck! I'm so happy to hear you and Leone are okay! It's been so long since I've heard from you, so tell me everything that's happened to you and Leone since I last saw you.

*Chuck sits down to listen, hears bump in bedroom, goes off to investigate, on the way sees kibble and stops for a bite, realizes he's thirsty, ignores water dish and goes into bathroom to cry until someone turns on faucet...*

Hi, Spike. This is Stompy. Chuck seems to have wandered away for a moment. All of us Bears are glad to hear you and Leone are settling in and doing well. Sorry about your not having a bed for a bit, and having to 'splain to Leone what's still not right every time she comes home.

Oh, let me see if Chuck is ready to talk more.

*...down the hallway Chuck pounces on something only he can see, rolls on his side...*

Yeah, Chuck might be a bit longer. Glad things are going well!

*much waving of Bears*

OK Bye
Stompy and All the Bears

3:32 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Hooray for having your stuff!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Happy days!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home