Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Bear the Vote

Hi, this is Jim. The Bears think it is very unfair that they aren't allowed to vote. So, they've decided they want to hold their own vote, and they've asked me to facilitate. We've agreed it will be a roll call vote.

Stompy: Badnarik.

Noel "Snowflake" Chompsky: Nader.

Spike: Stompy.

Maximillian Grrr: Stompy.

Daphne Rose: I don't know. They're all so sexy. Cheney is so suave, and that Edwards looks like a pistol in bed. But I think I have to vote for the Personal Choice party. Marilyn Chambers is VP on that ticket. Behind the Green Door. *clap*

Calliope: Kerry!

Blinky: Kerry! Kerry! Kerry! Kerry! Kerry!
Jim: Uh, Blinky, you can only vote for him once.
Blinky: Kerry! Kerry! Kerry! *much bouncing up and down of Blinky* Kerry! Kerry!
Jim: OK, calm down, Blinky, I got your vote.
Blinky: Did you get all of them?
Jim: Yes, Blinky. We have to move on now.

Rose: Blinky.

Liam: Stompy.

Jim: Ollie? Ollie?
*Spike's voice*: Hi, I'm Ollie. I vote for Stompy.

Essie: Why Kerry, of coure. Je suis Francais.

Jim: Papito?
Papito: Que?
Jim: Vota. Quien quieres?
Papito: Oh. Signor Blinky. Porque habla muy bien espagnol.
Jim: What did he say, Blinky?
Blinky: He said, "Hi. How are you? I vote for Kerry."

Sargeant Mauja: Can I vote if I'm Canadian?
Jim: What do you think Bears?
Bears in Unison: Yes. *much nodding of heads of Bears* We like Canadia.
Sargeant Mauja: Thank you all. If it would be okay with you, I'll vote for Nader.

OK, guys, given me a second while I count the votes.

Stompy - 4
Kerry - 4
Nader - 2
Blinky - 1
Marilyn Chambers - 1
Badnarik - 1

OK, so the Bear precinct reports a four to four tie between Stompy and Kerry.

*much arguing and beginning of claims of voter fraud of Bears*

8 people left us caaaandy:

Blogger Yonners said...

man, I hope a bloo administratoo doesn't remove my post. I love bloo administratoos. Ooooh, sexy. Anyhoo, I'm glad you let us all have the heads up on your votes Bears! I feel more involved in the process already! Upon returning home I will be tuned ontoo Jon Stewoo's coverage of the election! It's being shown on Canadia channels! Well, Spike (meow) is voting for Marylin Chambers (but between us bears, I think it's cause Spike has a thing for Daphne Rose). I don't really think Spike has been following the coverage of the elections at all, though he did attack the TV during Jon Stewoo's coverage of one of Bush's speeches. But then he attacks anything really. Though just to lighten the mood, I found a poem by Sharon Thesen and it's looks like you bears play a role in it so I was wondering if you have met her or not. I'll write it down for you.
What Is Death?
someone losing her way

to the bears' picninc comes upon

three robbers

to one she gives her shoe
to another an oath
to the third

an ensuing conversation

(in bear talk)about the way they
lift their snouts as they wade
knee-deep in the shoals of a fast river

red and silver salmon wriggling in the air
like the pennants of knights returning from war
the roars of plenty and victory, a great paw
descending

the robbers of course are death
the knights the mistaken delights
of the ego, the fish
the flash in the pan

she though as she thought about eternal life
and inner beauty and outer too

such as good posture

you might die and then poeple will say
well, you know, she choked to death
on a ham-and-cheese sandwich

all those talented women
brillant even, or somehwat
dull

in the end it comes to
a sandwich and hearts that break

or pneumonia, the old person's friend

death is probably just a sort of magpie guilty
of the grand larceny of the body

and dying is no picnic
especially if the main course is
a sandwich
no annual occasion by a river
the tablecloth plumping on dry windy weeds
fish agog in the sky

a surprise

a dreadful lost lost war
---Sharon Thesen, A Pair of Scissors. House of Anansi Press Limited, Toronto. 2000.
Hope you like it bears!

12:40 PM  
Blogger The Bears said...

Hi Leone!

*much bouncing up and down of Bears* We love the poem. What a brilloo poet to captoo the life and cadencoo of languoo of flesh-n-blood bears so beautifulloo.

And Daphne Rose would quite like to meet Spike the Cat. She heard from Mauja talking about the love bites he got from Spike the Cat, and she was quite captivated.

Daphne Rose: *much coquettish waving of Daphne Rose* Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

OK Bye
Stompy

1:08 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Dimpled chads! I cry dimpled chads!

For no reason other than I like the sound of those words.

1:56 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Hairy Fishnuts! Hairy Fishnuts!


Well, if we are going for things we like to say...

3:06 PM  
Blogger Yonners said...

pook pook

3:51 PM  
Blogger The Bears said...

Of course I know Spanish. I speak muy good Spanish.

OK Bye
Blinky

PS Ixnay the Inkyblay oesn'tday owknay Anishspay. Shhhh!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

We oo votes for Stompoo, as he am the only candidoo who represent look look/Bear interest. Or indeed recognoo the sentioo o look looks. So that... countin.... 24 moo votes foo Stompoo.

9:01 AM  
Blogger The Bears said...

Neyo Manuel,

Thanks veroo much for the raf suppooo. I didn't even know I was runnoo, until some of the Bears votoo for me. But I will do my best to live oop to the faith of all the rafs and Bears who have supportoo me.

I need t

Oooh! I got so animoo I fell off Jim's lap. Not very presidentoo at oo!

Where was I? Oh yeah, I need to contact that Dubyoo guy about gettoo the keys to his house.

OK Bye
Stompy

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home