Thursday, October 21, 2004

Hi, my name is Mauja

Hello Everyone!

I want to thank all the Bears, and all the Bear allies, for the wonderful reception I've gotten. It's been a whirlwoo last couple of weeks. It wasn't that long ago I was in Canada (Chompsky: Canadia) with Leone, being bitten on the head by Spike the cat. And then, I had a long journey from Leone's to Manhattoo--making my way in a box, going past MooS Custoo Officoo--very scary. But I had good training in the Mountoo, so I know how to handle the stress. And now I'm in Manhatto, with Stompy and Blinky and Spike the rottweiler puppy Bear and everyone.

My name is Mauja. It's Inuktitut (the languoo of the Inuit) for deep, soft snow. Which is like my deep, soft, white fur. Also, when I'm wearing my Royal Canadian Mountoo Poloo unifoo, I'm Sargeant Mauja. I look forward to getting to know you all better, and to learning raf so we can better communicoo.

qujannamiik ! (Chompsky: I have no idea.)

That is Inuktitut for thank you! (Chompsky: Oh)

OK Bye
Sargeant Mauja

6 people left us caaaandy:

Blogger Manuel said...

Neyo! Much bouncin up an doo of rafs too! I apogolises from the bottoo of my fluff for the comment of my broo on previoo entroo. Him's so stereotypin!

Welcome to the MooS, Mooja (hopes you doesn't mind us cooin you that). We's mostly immigroo, too, an we thinks they's very funny round here!

12:08 AM  
Blogger The Bears said...

Hi Manuel,

Yes, you can call me Mooja. It makes me grin. I think it might be the first Inuit to raf translation evoo.

And that's okay if ickUl was stereotypin. It just means we can learn aboo each othoo.

The only thing we Inuit realloo dislike is being called "Eskimos." It's a bad word, that outsidoo used for us. But we find it offensoo.

What's that, Blinky?

Blinky says calling Inuit "eskimos" is like calling look looks "soft toys."

Hi ickUl,

Actualloo, peoploo in Canada (Chompsky: Canadia) rarely live in igloos. They live in houses and apartments and places like that.

It's normoo to have misperceptoo about other people at first. But I will answoo any questoo you have about Canada (Chompsky: Canadia). Also, lots of TV shows are filmed in Vancouver, so one way to see what Canada (Chompsky: Canadia) looks like is to watch TV shows and movies filmed there on your ginormous American flat-screen plasma TV, paid for with your milloo of dolloo earned being a Texas oil tycoo.

OK Bye
Mauja

8:44 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Hello Sargeant Mauja! Many greetings from the land of some snow. I hope you enjoy the US!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Unnukkut Mauja!

Qanuippit? Qanuingittunga.

Qimmiit akturunngnaqpakkaa ?

Tavvauvutit, Katy xxx

5:39 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

Mooja, I does watch things film in Vancoovoo! My favreet show, Stoogoo SG-Woo am made with oo Canadioo guest star an some main actors. I even knows what a Canadioo sound like, can spot them better than Mr. Eaf.

I is sadly not Texas oil tycoo, is Mexicoo immigroo. I eats yeaves off lawns instead of blowin them. They doesn't even pay me minimoo wage!

11:54 PM  
Blogger The Bears said...

Unnukkut Katy!!!!

*much widening of eyes and bouncing up and down of Inuit Bear*

Qanuingittunga. Qujannamiik !

It's okay to touch the dogs here, like Spike and Ollie, because they are dogs who are Bears. And Bears are very friendly, and love cuddles. But you have to be careful touching the dogs back in the land of my youth. After a long day of pulling sleds, sometimes the dogs need some "me time."

OK Tavvauvutit.
Mauja

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home