Thursday, January 13, 2005

Jim and Jenn Ate Gold

Jim and Jenn went to Nobu last night. It's a fancoo-poonts Japanese restauroo. Jenn likes sushi like we like caaaandy. She and Jim eat raw fish just like flesh-n-blood Bears.

They got the Omakase, which means Chef's Choice, and it was tons of courses of sushoo and sashoomoo and kooboo boof and foie groos and cavioo and 'spensive things like that, so Jim took his 'Merican 'Spress card instead of leaving it with us.

And it came with two desserts. The first one was this cranberroo-grenadoone sorbet, with gold leaf right in it, so you actually eat a little bit of gold.

When we heard about that, we told Jim we wanted caaaandy with gold. We thought he would be stumped, but he said there's this place in Manhattoo called Richarts, where they sell all kinds of chocolates, and he's seen a gold chocolate there in the past. There was much bouncing up and down of Bears when we heard that. If you have a 'Merican 'Spress card it seems you can get anything in Manhattoo.

So now we have a purpose in life. We need caaaandy with gold.

So what's the most decadoo thing you've ever put in your mouth?

*much huddling and conversation of Bears*

Apparently there's a few ways to take that question about decadoo things you might have put in your mouths. Maybe a better way to say it is, "Have you ever put something in your mouth and later said, 'Wow, I can't believe I just put that in my mouth'?"

*much more huddling and conversation of Bears*

It seems that that new way of asking about what you've put in your mouths could still be taken a few ways. Maybe the problem is with the idea of putting something in your mouth. How about, "What's the most decadoo thing you've ever run your tongue over?"

*sudden and intense huddling and conversation of Bears*

The general feeling was that that just made the problem worse. I think we're going to have to trust that you understand that Spike is still a young one, not yet a Bear of the world, when you tell us about the most decadoo things you've put in your mouth.

OK Bye
Stompy

4 people left us caaaandy:

Blogger Simon said...

I'm pretty sure I swallowed a penny once. Does that count?

If you're thinkin' food, I'm strugglin'. I have eaten out in London, though. That's kind of decadent because it's expensive.

9:53 AM  
Blogger ickUl said...

Jojojojo! I wishees I could write somethins roode here, but my moo not open for eatin stuffs, an I not has a tongue! So just pretend the questioo were about stickin my moo where eet no belongs, jojojojojojo!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thorntons chocolates- chocolate truffles, caramels (the hand pick stuff where you ask for 3 of this, 4 of that etc). [drool]

Dainty Bear.

Oh! And the crepes from the little crepe stall in Exeter- the clementine one is to die for [drool].

6:21 PM  
Blogger Yonners said...

Ello Bears! The most decadoo thing is oddly enough, (remember I am not very well travelled and I can be a very picky eater) is a warmed up plain hamburger bun from Wendys after six 'bartender's rootbeers' at four in the morning. It was sooooo good. I just remember thinking I never wanted the moment to end. Then it did and my friend and I went home. Spike isn't here right now, he's at home knocking stuff over, but I'm pretty sure the most decadoo thing he's ever eaten is when he eat chicken lo mein chinese food right out of the container while it was in my lap. I was talking on the phone and not realizing he was doing that, I think that is why it was sooooo good for him, it was a forbidden food. Or it could have been the time I turned my back on a can of opened beans (pork and beans) and he jumped up on the counter and stuck his face in it. When I yelled at him he ran but he had a bean stuck to the side of his little kitty head and then he shook his head and it fell on the carpet then he ate it. I think that could be his best meal ever. I'll ask him tonight thought to make sure.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home